Experienced Couples Therapist Boulder
Everyone is a pain in the ass, and so are you.
Don’t believe me?
Check yourself and your partner by grabbing my checklist below!
- M.A. Clinical Psychology
- B.A Biology
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Board Certified Relationship Coach
- Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy; Denver Family Institute
- The Clinical Practice of Cognitive Therapy Certification; The Cleveland Center for Cognitive Therapy
- Integrated Somatic Trauma Training Certification; The Embody Lab
- A Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy Level 1 & 2; PACT Institute
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy Certification; Colorado Center for EFT
- Gottman Method Couple Therapy Level 1 & 2; The Relationship Research Institute
- Containment & Resolution Training; Love and Trauma Center
- Training for the Treatment of Trauma Level 1 & 2; Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
- Self-Regulation Therapy Certification; The Canadian Foundation for Trauma, Research and Education
- Prepare/Enrich Training for Premarital Couples
- Relationship Coaching Certification; The Relationship Coaching Institute
- Accredited Coach Training Certification at The Institute for Life Coach Training
- Holistic Psychotherapy & Holistic Coaching Certification: The Global Association for Holistic Psychotherapy
- Certified Structural Integration Practitioner; The Guild for Structural Integration
- Certified Yoga Instructor 500+ hours; Iyengar, Ashtanga, Integral, Therapeutic
I’m Here to Help You Have a Better Relationship.
Hi, I’m Teena Evert, Couples Therapist Boulder
I’m a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Board-Certified Relationship Coach specializing in a Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT). I primarily work with committed monogamous couples who want to work together to grow their relationship. I provide Couples Therapy in Colorado in person and on video and Relationship Coaching online.
I have a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology with a focus of study on infant attachment, arousal regulation, and developmental neuroscience. My work with couples arose out of my career working with individuals and families dealing with issues caused by personality disorders, addictions, and trauma.
Later, after my own relationships went into crisis, the work turned into my own healing from early attachment wounds and adult relational trauma. I now focus on working with adult couples to help them heal and grow into a secure-functioning partnership, as I believe we are stronger together when we know how to take care of each other.
My Approach & Philosophy
In my work with couples, my main aim is for them to have a strong, safe, and secure relationship. When partners are secure-functioning, they are less difficult, annoyed, and frustrated with each other.
That’s because they both understand their important role: to make sure the other person feels completely safe and secure. Both partners are equally responsible for this, and they agree to make each other’s lives easier, not harder. This is one of the key principles of having a secure functioning relationship.
Secure-functioning partners work together to co-create their own set agreements that protect them from each other’s difficult behaviors. These are “golden rules” because when both partners agree to them, they become unquestionable, undisputable and therefore help partners rein in difficult behavior.
As a couples therapist boulder providing couples therapy across colorado, I help couples work together to develop a safe, secure-functioning, and loving relationship.
Schedule Time with Teena Evert Couples Therapist Boulder
A 30-minute telehealth video interview is required prior to scheduling a therapy appointment with Teena. Both partners must attend. The call will serve as a meet and greet for all parties.
After the required 30-minute interview, the initial session is 3 hours. Subsequent sessions (if necessary) may be 2 hours until appropriate to step down to shorter meetings.
The initial session should be at least 90 minutes (2 hours preferred).
In preparation for an online session, please make certain of the following:
- You are both in front of the camera (and in one location).
- Your internet connection is very good.
- Your faces are well lit.
- You are both audible.
As October 1, 2023, Teena’s weekday rate is $250 per hour, the weekend rate is $300 per hour. Unfortunately she does not take insurance but will routinely provide superbills for your insurance company.
Make an Appointment
Teena’s online scheduler is self-serve. This means that clients schedule, cancel, and reschedule appointments themselves online. There is no staff to do this for you. If, after the 30 minute meet and greet you decide you would like to see Teena, you can schedule an appointment.
When you get to the online scheduler, you will be asked to create a username and password. This is for your privacy. When scanning Teena’s available times, make sure to select the button that blocks 3 hours.
If you need to miss a scheduled appointment, you must cancel at least 72 hours before your scheduled appointment time. You will be unable to cancel with less than 72 hours before the scheduled session. This means you will be charged for the appointment. Phone calls, emails, or text messages to Teena or anyone else will not count as cancellation of your appointment. You must cancel or change your appointment online.
Get In Touch
1650 38th St., Ste 100E, Boulder, CO 80301 and Online
Monday – Friday: 10am – 6pm
Weekends: by appointment only