I had to get back on track and find a way to feel better.
In numerous self-help books, I’ve read that you must follow the path of joy to find your desired outcome. It makes a lot of sense, but it doesn’t always feel accessible. There have been many times this year that I felt anything but joyful. I was working long hours that extended well into the evening. I wasn’t managing my time or energy well, and it took a toll on my physical, mental, and emotional health.
I noticed that I felt tired and irritable on most days. I was quick to react to things that I would usually not bother me. These were all symptoms that I was out of balance. I was out of sync with myself, and I knew I needed to get back on track and find a way to feel better.
I needed to find my motivation again.
I created a routine that I do most mornings that sparks my motivation—yes, it starts with a STRONG cup of black coffee ☕️. Once I have my coffee I spend time writing in my journal. It puts me in the right mindset and emotional state to be focused and productive throughout the day. When I stopped doing this simple morning practice, I quickly lost my footing and slipped into old patterns and behaviors.
I worked LONG hours without a break and gave way more energy than I had to offer without refueling. Thus the symptoms of irritability, being on edge and quick to react to the little things.
I had to get back to my morning practice. I had to reset my intentions and get realigned with my purpose. It was like coming up for air after holding my breath for too long!
What supports your life’s purpose is the joy and passion you feel when you’re thinking about or working on your mission. You feel alive, it’s energizing, and it motivates you to put in the hard work to keep growing.
My morning practice
My morning practice helps me stay connected to the things in life that I genuinely enjoy and have fun doing. Life is not all about work, driving for results, and becoming more profitable. If it is, the joy will soon drain out of you.
The joy that comes from your hobbies gives you extra energy. Of all the emotions, joy has the highest energy vibration.
Joy has the power to remove all obstacles and attract all of your needs. Celebration reminds us that we needn’t suffer at all. We can fulfill our purpose to help ourselves and others and heal through the power of joy.
- How do you stay positive and focused on manifesting your desires into reality?
- Can you find humor in situations and enjoy a good laugh?
- Do you have hobbies that please you? If not, what might they be?
To tap into what lights you up, do what brings you joy.
I invite you to take the same time to develop a success-ritual this year. Every client that I have worked with has created their own unique personal success ritual and implemented it.
Not only have they found themselves being more productive, but they also experienced more sustained joy. It can and will transform your life if you commit to taking action.
How will you show up?
What will you do today that will make the most significant impact on how you chose to show up in the new year?
Want to Create a Positive Life and Prosperous Career?
Whenever you’re ready, here are three ways we can help you transform:
View our personalized coaching offerings:
- Career Clarity Immersion 5-week private personalized coaching with Teena who will guide you step-by-step through a proven process for achieving clarity and the confidence required to transform your life and career.
- No-Fail Job Search Intensive. 8-week private personalized coaching with Teena who will teach you a proven job-search strategy, create a focused plan, and no-fail process to land your ideal job.
- CareerAccelerator Schedule a consultation session and we can explore a personal brand strategy that includes an up-to-date professionally written and designed resume and stellar LinkedIn Profiles that will set you apart from your competition and accelerate your success.