Meet Teena Evert
Teena Evert is known as the Career Confident Coach who helps talented professionals make a living, doing work they love. Her holistic career development services empower ambitious careerists who feel lost or stuck in their current job, know they are meant for more, and struggle to identify their best path forward.
Teena combines her education in psychology (she holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology specializing in trauma) and career development (she is a Certified Career Counselor, Board Certified Career Coach, and Global Career Development Facilitator) with multiple advanced certifications in Career Transition Coaching, Hidden Job Market Coaching, Conversational Intelligence Coaching, Digital Branding Strategy, Resume and Profile Writing, and is also a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
She hosts the podcast, The Confident Careerist, is the CEO and Founder of Claim the Lead, serves on the International Coach Federation Colorado Chapter Board, and is a Global Business Connector with Women Speakers Association.
Teena speaks for professional audiences across the globe both live and virtually via webinars and podcasts.
She is an avid cyclist and spends her free time in search of the best routes to ride in Colorado and the world.
career transitions, career change, career pivot, job change, job search, burnout recovery, work-life balance, discovering your life purpose and finding meaningful work, career planning, job search planning, resume and profile writing
TALKING WITH TEENA EVERT
☞ WHAT DREW YOU TO COACHING AS A PROFESSION?
I made a career pivot from therapist to coach. I hit the wall and burned out as a marriage and family therapist and addictions counselor working with highly distressed couples, relationship trauma, addictions, and abuse.
What I enjoyed most about being a therapist was creating a safe space for clients to heal from their past. To help them grow beyond their pain and improve the quality of their life. What I didn't like was spending so much time exploring a person's history looking for answers to pain and brokenness. The emphasis of therapy is on uncovering and recovering, rather than discovering.
What I love about being a coach is holding a safe space for my clients and assisting them in self-discovery and design for growth. I welcomed the shift from seeing clients as "ill" or having pathology toward viewing them as "well and whole" and seeking a more vibrant life.
Pivoting from being a therapist to a coach has allowed me to experience a much more satisfying, energizing, and fulfilling career.
☞ WHAT IS IT ABOUT COACHING THAT HAS YOU LEAPING OUT OF BED EACH MORNING?
As a career and whole life coach, I have the honor of guiding my clients towards creating a life they want to live and have a career that lights them up. Being a coach is very rewarding and gives me energy to leap out of bed, even on a Monday morning!
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR A FIRST-TIME CLIENT TO KNOW ABOUT COACHING?
Are you coachable?
In a nutshell, are you ready, willing, and able to turn challenges into victories by learning new skills and tools to build a more satisfying, prosperous future?
If your answer is "yes", then you're coachable!
☞ WHY DO YOU BELIEVE THAT COACHING IS NEEDED NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE?
We need rapid growth to match the speed of change that is occurring on a global scale right now. There's enough pain and suffering in the world to slow us down, keep us stuck, and confused.
It's time to tap into our desire to live a better life and gain the clarity and confidence that will fuel the exploration of what is possible for our future.
- B.A. Biology
- M.A. Clinical Psychology
MENTAL HEALTH LICENSE
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Addictions Counselor (LAC expired 8/19)
- Board Certified Career Coach (BCC)
- Certified Career Counselor (CCC)
- Certified Career Transition Coach (CCTC)
- Certified Hidden Job Search Coach (CHJSC)
- Certified Conversational Intelligence Coach (C-CIQ)
- Certified Holistic Coach (CHC)
- Certified Self-Regulation (SRT)/Trauma-Informed Practitioner
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)
- Certified Digital Brand Strategist (CDBS)
- Academy Certified Resume Writer (ACRC)
- Academy Certified Profile Writer (ACPW)
- DRIVE and EXPRESS SkillScan Assessment Certified
- International Coach Federation National (ICF) and Colorado Chapter (ICF-CO) | 2020-2021 Board Member
- Career Thought Leaders (CTL) | Professional Associate
- National Career Development Association National (NCDA) and Colorado Chapter (CCDA)
- National Speakers Association Professional National (NSA) and Colorado Chapter (NSA-CO)
- Women's Speakers Association Premier Member (WSA) | Denver Global Business Connector